Discovery Especies (Lobos & Manatíes)
alarm 3 hours
What is this about?This experience is like no other!
The perfect complement for your once in a lifetime experience is swimming with the most chubby and adorable marine species ever, manatees. The experience of swimming with a manatee means having a gentle, fatty and non-aggressive marine animal as a buddy, as well as learning more about their habitat and knowing why they are so unique. With this incredible experience you'll be hanging out with them in their natural habitat. Even though they move slowly that doesn't mean you won't have a great time with them.
Maybe we are not as used to this animal as we are with dolphins or sea lions, but we'll assure you that our marine mammal specialists will help you to learn very interesting information about them, their habitat, reproduction and nursing.
There are few places around the world where you can live this experience, but if you're lucky enough to interact with them you could receive the most cute and funny kiss you have ever had. The manatee kisses you with his upper lip- that acts like a shortened trunk similar to an elephant, so that will probably tickle you and finally you'll also have the opportunity to help our marine specialists feed them so you can get closer to them. Remember they eat 100% vegetables, so they are practically like a big marine lettuce.
This adorable species is a marine mammal with a gentle and docile personality that is also known as a marine cow because of their vegetarian diet not because of their physical appearance. They belong to the "Sirenia" family like elephants do which makes them close relatives. An interesting fact is that sailors used to confuse the manatees with mermaids. Manatees have a paddle-shaped tail, two flippers with nails, a large and chubby body and a brownish- gray color skin. They breathe through nostrils like seals and have funny whiskers on their snout.
Manatees live in groups mainly in warm and shallow waters, especially in slow rivers, salt water bays and coastal areas. Due to their low body fat they are susceptible to cold temperatures, therefore they migrate in winter through springs and estuaries. Normally they're always resting, eating and traveling around.
There are three common type of manatees: the West Indian Manatee that lives in the shallow waters of rivers and coastlines of the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico, the Amazonian Manatee that inhabits the Amazon Basin and last but not least the West African Manatee that reside mostly in West Africa.
What is included?MANATEES
Behaviors during interaction:
- Swim By
- Hand Shake
Duration (time on platform): 30 min
Behaviors during interaction:
- Swim By
- Free jumps
- Quick swim
- Ferry CUN-IM-CUN
- 60 min in the water.
- Buffet lunch and national open bar.
- Amenities: lockers, showers, swimming pool, lounge chairs.
- Tour to the the Island center (optional)
- Observation of Cat and Ray Sharks (optional)
Dock fee of 13 USD payable at check-in.
Children over 3.3 ft pay dock fee.
Ground transportation $15.00 USD. per person
On a break during the Bicycle tour, you will have the option to take a tour to the Turtle Farm with an additional cost.
Other activities in Cancun or Isla Mujeres.
Photos of your experience.
Share your Experience
This activity has not been ranked yet. Be the first to share your experience.
Add a Review Now!
- Boarding point: Playa Langosta Pier, 09:00 hrs.
- Our boat schedules: o From Cancun to Isla Mujeres: 10:00 hr. o From Isla Mujeres to Cancun: 5:30 p.m. or
- The park operates from Tuesday to Sunday, rests on Monday.
- Minimum age to participate is 8 years old and with a minimum height of 1.40 meters.
- For safety, this program does not accept pregnant women.
- All passengers pay dock tax, except 5-year-old infants.
- Ground Transportation, R / T Service available only for departure at 09:00 hr and return at 17:30 hr $ 200 MX per person except infants up to 5 years of age (optional).
RestrictionsThe use of cameras in the water is not allowed. Professional photographs will be available for sale.
For safety, this program does not accept pregnant women.
Recommendations* Do not forget to use biodegradable sunscreen, to take care of your skin, the environment and marine species.
* For safety, this program does not accept pregnant women.
* If you have any physical or health problems, contact our Call Center to provide you with all the information related to our services before making the reservation.
* We recommend you bring towels, as well as cash for taxis, shopping, meals and other expenses.